Lilypad is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting development of second units, also known as accessory dwelling units (ADUs) and junior accessory dwelling units (JADUs).
These small living units offer more secure and affordable housing opportunities to renters and owners, with limited costs to jurisdictions, while maintaining the charactrer of neighborhoods.
ADUs can be attached to the main house, a second story over a garage, a converted garage, or a free-standing cottage.
To facilitate development, Lilypad:
- Provides public educational events
- Offers individual phone consultations to homeowners
- Advises cities on creating incentives for development
- Directs people to tools and resources
- Publicizes the opportunity to create additional units
Please go to our contact page to set up an appointment. Let’s make 2018 a great year for housing!