- Sponsored state legislation to make Junior Accessory Dwelling Units possible throughout California; it has passed the Assembly and the Senate and is awaiting the Governor’s signature.
- Fostered a new infill housing option and developed a plan for a simple and inexpensive permitting track, working with planning directors throughout Marin County.
- Successfully established Junior Accessory Dwelling Units in Housing Element plans; 10 out of 12 Marin County jurisdictions chose to include them.
- Advanced the adoption of Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit ordinances in Novato, Tiburon, Fairfax, San Rafael, and Belvedere.
- Orchestrated participation of affordable housing, sustainability, and senior organizations, as well as local residents and building trade representatives at agency board meetings to effect reduction in water and waste water connection fees. In Novato, these fees were reduced from $18,990 to $40.
- Partnered with a financing organization to create a special loan fund for development of Junior Accessory Dwelling Units.